Saturday, September 1, 2007

UVA vs Wyoming Diary

2:05 Wyoming has quite possibly the ugliest uniforms ever.

2:10 Why am I watching the Vs. network? Though they do have the rugby world cup. Otherwise they just get the leftovers in the sports world.

2:18 Wyoming's Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium is the highest Div I football stadium in America. Doesn't come close to having as many names as the David A. Harrison III field at Scott Stadium in the Carl Smith Center.

2:30 Apparantly 9 of the 12 Wyoming coaches live on the same street. Awesome. Wife-swap anyone?

3:02 Sorry, I am flipping back and forth between this game and Michigan and App. State. I just found out that I get the Big 10 Network. I can't wait to watch Indiana vs Northwestern!!!!

3:15 I want to bet that at the end of the game Wyoming will have 80% of the possessio n (is that proper grammar?)

3:34 Jameel Sewell finally looks like a real quarterback on the final drive of the half

3:50 MICHIGAN LOSES. UVA lost to App. State in basketball last year. Cause those are about the same level of loss. Thom Brennaman compares this loss to when Harvard lost in 1906 and ND lost in 1921. Googling "biggest upsets in college football" gets me Harvard losing to Centre College in 1921. I am very confused.

3:56 Jameel Sewell throws an interception. It was 15 feet over the head of the intended reciever. According to the color guy: "Turnovers are BAD"

4:01 This hurry-up offense is winding the UVA defense, picking apart zones and all in all making me feel a bit nauseous.

4:04 WHAT A HIT! FUMBLE! wait, not really, Al is upset, but he might just be acting like it for the boosters. Also, I really don't want to hear about how much Sween has grown up and matured by getting married and not looking like a deer in headlights. I mean honestly are you really trying to tell me between the ages of 18 and 20 the young man grew up? I mean this is UNPRECEDENTED. Also is it just me or does it seem that people are getting married younger and younger...

4:07 If you aren't very attractive, nor are you very informative, are you really a sideline reporter?

4:08 FUMBLE!!!!!!!!! Surprisingly a guy who has not taken a snap all day, fumbles the ball first time he takes a snap.

4:14 I can't figure out what is on Wyoming's helmet. It looks like a rooster.

4:17 13-3 BARN BURNER. I should state that last year, Wyoming lost by missing an extra point in OT. The final score? 13-12.

4:23 At the start of the fourth quarter: 3 first downs for UVA.

4:33 I decided to look for Wyoming cheerleaders. On a scale from 1-10. They are 3.5. Perfectly average white girls. C'mon where is the ethnic diversity Wyoming? Oh and Virginia has the ball on the 4, their 4. I am in the process of researching other games on tv.

4:40 Santi is no Heath Miller. Sewell is no Schaub, he isnt even Spinner. God I am depressed.

4:42 49 yard run Devin Moore. The game is iced. Am now flipping between this and Western Mich vs WVU.

4:48 Its official Wyoming put in their second string QB.

4:53 Not to be outdone, UVA does the same and they just cracked 100 total yards of offense, WOOHOO!

4:57 Watching WVU, I am jealous of their spread offense. Its pretty, even when they mess up it looks like they have chance.

Final Analysis

Offense: F-

Single digit first downs. No touchdowns, no rhythm, no real sense of direction. I am not calling for Mike Groh's head, but I'd like to take a look at it. It appears the lack of veteran WRs is really going to hinder the offense.

Defense: C+

Offense couldnt stay on the field, so of course defense was going to get tired, especially at the high altitude. One interception, 3 sacks, allowed around 500 yds of total offense = LAME.

Special Teams: B

Didn't screw up. GOOD JOB.

1 comment:

aL said...

awesome post. i love it