Monday, September 3, 2007

In Review


Decided on a different title this time. Here we go -

Andy Roddick made it to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open. Good for him. Who is his coach now? Roddick is good but he could be facing Federer next. Good luck kid.

There's baseball in Canada??? The 3-A Phillies affiliate lost to the Syracuse Chiefs to a capacity crowd? Wow. People must be bored. I'm sure Ottawans will be just fine.

Reche Caldwell was cut from the N.E. Pats. Not too surprising. I'm sure he'll find somewhere else to play. In other team news, Randy Moss had this to say:

"I will not be satisfied until I'm out there with the boys," he said. "That's what I do. I don't cut checks. I don't shine shoes. I don't tape ankles. I play football. That's what I came here to do."
For some reason I thought he shined shoes before.

Team USA Grades. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This team will win the gold next year.

ICHIRO. Did you know that his favorite TV show is LOST? He homered off of the Rocket today to get his 200th hit. 200 hits in 7 or more seasons. That's some good company.

And finally NFL veteran Simeon Rice signed with the Denver Broncos. Hey at least he speaks the truth:

Rice's departure from Tampa Bay was a controversial one. Team officials allowed him to report to camp, then announced he had failed his physical exam. Rice insisted the divorce from the Bucs, where he was scheduled to have a base salary of $7.25 million in 2007 and a salary cap charge of more than $10 million, was financially motivated.

The release came, Rice said, after he rejected a proposed salary reduction of $2.5 million.

"Everybody knows it was a money thing," Rice said.

No comments: