Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve


4:35 PM I dont have a stated goal, but I am going to drink whiskey and watch sports. Well I guess I just stated my goal right there. Starting with Orlando @ Chicago in 01/16/93, Florida State vs Kentucky in the Music City Bowl, and Georgia Tech vs Fresno State in the Humanitarian Bowl. I refuse to refer to the sponsors of said college bowls because I am not a corporate shill.

4:40 PM James Johnson catches a long pass for Georgia Tech. Not related to Calvin Johnson. Maybe he is related to Keyshawn Johnson, RIGHT? LIKE CHAD JOHNSON. I mean they are the same color and have the same last name, that rule always works. On a related note, I am related to the great General Robert E. Lee.

4:45 PM I hate the blue field. Also pass interference rules need to be adjusted so that the same rules apply in college and pro football. Also BRIAN BILLICK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! I am just gonna refer back to this and this. My favorite part of this is Biscotti's quote, "I just changed my mind." Tell me why that shouldnt be the headline in the Sports Section tomorrow. At some point I will have to expand upon what I think this means for the Raven's future.

4:50 PM During the timeout of the Orlando/Chicago game, I hear Rockit. Shoop Shoop Shooooooooooooop. Sorry thats the inner turntablist speaking.


4:55 PM OH NO MICHAEL HURT HIS HAND. MJ will bounce back. He always does.

So, a couple option for the Ravens at QB for next year....

Option 1: Andre Woodson as the Raven's first round pick. I would like them to trade down in the first round and draft him.
Option 2: Sign Donovan McNabb. Assuming Philly lets him go, veteran QB with something to prove, basically depends on who the Ravens bring in as head coach next year....what sort of offense the Ravens look to run (another alternative would be Byron Leftwich, since Ozzie liked him way back when anyways).
Option 3: Stick with either Kyle Boller or Troy Smith. Like the emergency QB, this is a last resort option.

5:00 PM Is there anything better than hearing players curse on the field/court microphone? Especially when its the F-bomb after a horrible call? Cheating on the OL negates a BIG run for Kentucky. Hitting a player outside of the play....damn, thats actually a good rule.

5:10 PM Mickey Andrews is still defensive coordinator. Bobby Bowden is still coach. My uncle still has a dick and thus isnt my aunt.

5:25 PM Made an ate a Tuna Cheddar hoagie. It was delicious. MJ is still clutching his wrist. Scott skiles is wearing white sneakers and tight shorts. DAWAYNE IM NOT WEARING YOUR RING.

5:35 PM Fresno St trying to kill clock....LONG TD run. Then Fresno St with a pick to close the game. WOOOOOOOOO HUMANITARIAN BOWL CUP or whatever.

5:45 PM NICK ANDERSON HITS A THREE to tie up the game!!! Leaving 1.4 seconds left in the game. OOOOOOOOFFF, MJ misses the 20 footer to win the game at the end.

5:50 PM Drew Weatherford would be the greatest QB in the world if WRs were 12 feet tall. Who am I kidding, he'd still manage to throw a pick to the CB that is half the size. HEHE the ravens started a trend of stealing official's flags and throwing em. Its a good trend, a GOOD trend I say. Now they get to kick off from the 7.5 yd line.

5:55 PM OMG If you flip and land on your head, its a safety issue? No, its not, if you flip and land on your head its HILARIOUS. How do I know this? 1,300 hits
my favorite is:

6:00 PM Shaq looks so athletic and scary in 1993. Bulls down three with 36.1 seconds to go. BTW America votes 54% in favor of Texas Tech for tomorrow's Gator Bowl, which UVA did not sell out their allotment of tickets for...LAME UVA fans. Oh, my excuse....I am a poor grad student? KENTUCKY takes points off the board and misses the ensuing FG. DUMB. Crap and I missed the end of the Bulls/Magic game. DAMN, now its halftime.

6:05 PM OK, so I am watching high school basketball on ESPNU. Yates vs St. Patricks? The PG for St. Patricks is not being guarded at all. There is a permanent double team on their center. This is like rec league or something. Oh wait, it is high school. Where does a high school get the budget to travel on New Years Eve from NJ to Houston??? Sneakers?


6:15 PM Flomax sounds like a feminine product. All I am going to say.

6:25 PM OOOO Insight Bowl. Wait, I dont care.

6:30 PM Mike Conley Sr. might be a little new to the agent game.

7:00 PM K, time to do somethin else. Go Wildcats, Go Tigers (Clemson) tonight.

No comments: