Saturday, July 5, 2008

A-Rod, Gil Arenas

First story: another one bites the dust. First of all I wonder why the hell don't sports stars sign pre-nuptial agreements??? This happens time and time again. I read a NY Times article a few months ago that featured this one woman who after college at the age of 22/23 got married and then proceeded to married and divorced a total of SEVEN times over the course of the next ten years and never had to and will never have to work a job in her life. Hey I gotta give it to her. She was smart. Those seven guys were not. Come on guys lets be real here. I don't care how caring and nice your girl is. Of course no one wants to think about or contemplate divorce when you're walking that isle but think about it. A failure rate of 54% is the last I checked in the U.S. That is greater than HALF. Seriously. Would you ever embark on an endeavor that has a known failure rate to be greater than 50% without giving it some consideration and buying protection? This is even more important when you have so much to lose say HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Oh well I guess to each his own...

In other news: Gilbert Arenas decides to stay with the Wizards for less money. They were talking about this on Around the Horn yesterday on ESPN. Quite true. What's the difference between $111 million and $127 million? My answer: $16 million. I think it was a good move on Arenas' part. He is coming off knee surgeries and in fact one of the guys on ATH even mentioned that he is probably only worth $90 million. Touche. It remains to be seen. Wizards picked up a big man in the draft so hopefully this will help out Haywood. I think the team also needs a pure shooter.

No comments: